This question "In MS Excel concatenation of text can be done using ... a) Apostrophe b) Exclamation c) Hash d) Ampersand" is from Computer Operator Examination Question paper of 2074 conducted by PSC.
The question aims to test candidates knowledge about text operators available on MS Excel. Among the few text operators, it is related to concatenation operator.
Show Your Love! Share this page!
In MS Excel concatenation of text can be done using ...
Excel has a few operators that can be used to process strings. Concatenation operator is one of such operator.
Concatenation is taking two or more separately located things and placing them side-by-side next to each other so that they can now be treated as one thing. Concatenation, in the context of programming, is the operation of joining two strings together. It is also known as string concatenation.
In Excel, you can use ampersand (&) operator to concatenate two strings. For example the formula ="Butter"&"fly" would produce Butterfly. Similarly if a cell A1 contains string Ram, B1 cell contains Prasad and C1 cell contain Kusma the following formula will produce Ram Prasad Kusma.
=A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1
Here, we concatenated the content of A1 with a space and that with the content of B1 with a space and again that with the content of C1.
Other Explained Questions
Other Questions Frequently Asked
- data can be arranged in a worksheet in a easy to understand manner using
- multiple calculations can be made in a single formula using
- concatenation of text in excel
- which menu option can be used to split windows into two in ms excel 2010
- which of the following is not a valid data type in excel?
- comments can be added to cells using
- which menu option can be used to split window into two in ms excel 2010
- macros can be executed from the which of the following menu ?